You, Lord, Are Our Shephard
You, Lord, Are Our Shepherd
Reflecting On The 23rd Psalm. The italic phrase is David’s psalm followed by the thoughts of the men in Loaves and Fishes.
1. The Lord is my Shepherd …. I listen for your voice to guide me; tell me Your will and protect me, Lord.
I shall not want …. I have all I need here at Loaves and Fishes as I study you and learn. You will provide.
2. You make me lie down in green pastures…. You give me peace, quiet, rest for my soul.
He restores my soul …. from the torture I have put myself through. Replenish me Lord. With your love and healing, I am no longer in need of drugs and alcohol.
3. You guide me along the paths of righteousness .… only You are righteous and without sin. You are perfect and good. The breastplate of righteousness protects my heart and soul.
4. Even though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death …. you are with me in my life’s journey – even through the dark places I once was.
I fear no evil … with You, I will avoid the Pit of addiction and avoid the triggers – the people, places and things – that may cause me to be tempted and to relapse.
Thy rod and the staff they comfort me …. You keep me safe as I lean on You God. Guide me away from the evil that would devour me.
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies .… you will provide for me in abundance beyond my thoughts; you’ll protect us from our enemies
You anoint my head with oil and my cup overflows. You love me and bless me and give me salvation.
6. Surely, goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life …. I am Yours for eternity.
I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever …. You make a home for me in heaven where I will be with you forever, Lord.
God is faithful and good all the time! Amen.
Written by 8 men at Loaves and Fishes. July 28, 2021.